Interns will assist Archaeologists with the preservation of the local history and culture through activities as well as digs and excavation projects.
- Have an avid interest in history, archaeology, anthropology and related fields.
- University Students should be enrolled in related programs.
Our internships will focus on assisting local archaeologist, with preparing sites, digs, mapping, and maintenance work.Interns will have the opportunity to attend seminars, local museums and archaeological sites of interest. Placement will determine what sites you will be working in. From the start of the application process to the end of your internship overseas, we support interns throughout the help of the volunteer advisor. A volunteer advisor will place an intern into an internship program. Interns will be able to have access to many benefits and information through their volunteer advisor. Support is available 24/7 by phone or in person (depending on the situation).
Interns will have gained the experience with the archaeological field by the end of their internships. They will be able to apply these skills to their practice while in school or while on the job. Archaeology professionals are always welcomed to join our internships and also help interns gain a better understanding and view of the ancient world.
- Our internship programs are available year-round in different locations worldwide.
- Changes to internship programs will depend on local holidays, doctor’s availability, and climate (such as rainy season in a specific region).
- For more information on starting dates for a specific location, please contact us.
- If you are enrolled or have an application in progress, you can also contact your volunteer advisor as well.