Role: Volunteers will be assisting within local orphanages, transition houses, and schools in the role of caring for the children as a role model figure. Volunteers will work under the supervision of local professionals.
- Volunteers have to be 18 or older
- Have a strong interest in working with children
Programs Abroad are constantly working with underprivileged children to bring love, care, and educational support. We work with local orphanages, transition houses and schools to provide the support they require through offering supplies to placing volunteers for staff support. Volunteers will be providing care and support to staff in local orphanages, transitions houses, and schools. Volunteers will offer their support by providing: homework help, helping children grow their social, emotional and mental skills and playtime. Volunteers are not required to have experience but we do want potential volunteers to have the passion and initiative to want to be a role model type figure to these children.
What other requirements do I need?
Apart from the basic requirements above, we do not have any other requirements to work with children. However, we do recommend you are open to the following:
- Knowing the local language is imperative to be able to communicate with local teachers and students.
- Volunteers are more than welcomed to bring their own supplies as sometimes resources at orphanages, transitions houses, and schools.
- Be open and creative in how you will approach children within a new culture
- Always be open-minded, caring and patient towards children as some do have learning and physical disabilities
- Be open to working as a team with local professionals.
Our programs are available year-round in different locations worldwide.Changes to programs will depend on local holidays and climate (such as rainy season in a specific region). For more information on starting dates for a specific location, please contact us at the following: If you have enrolled or have an application in progress, you can contact your volunteer advisor.