Role: Volunteers will be assisting local teachers with classes within local schools or institutions. Volunteers with experience will be leading their own classes under the supervision.
- Be 18 or older
- Have a strong interest in wanting to teach.
Programs Abroad work with local schools and institutions to support local teachers and students, from supplying resources to placing volunteers in classes to help teach.Teaching experience is not necessary but we will provide training for unexperienced volunteers.Teachers with experience will shadow local teachers to gain new teaching techniques as well as do a short review before working in classrooms. Volunteers will help students understand the concept of learning English or any subject by providing support to local schools that are short staffed.
What other requirements do I need?
Apart from the basic requirements above, we do not have any other requirements to teach. However, we do recommend you are open to the following, in order, to teach abroad:
- Knowing the local language is imperative to be able to communicate with local teachers and students.
- Volunteers are more than welcomed to bring their own teaching supplies as sometimes resources at schools and institutions are limited.
- Be open and creative in how you will use limited resources when teaching
- Always be open-minded, caring and patient towards students as some do have learning disabilities
- Be open to working as a team with local teachers.
Our volunteer programs are available year-round in different locations worldwide.Changes to programs will depend on local holiday and climate (such as rainy season in a specific region). For more information on starting dates for a specific location, please contact us at the following:
If you enrolled or have an application in progress, you can also contact your volunteer advisor as well.